Recipe By:Naomi Witzke
“Spicy roasted chickpeas are crisp, spicy little nibbles. This is one snack that you can feel good about munching.”
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Stir together the chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, garam masala, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt in a mixing bowl. Spread the chickpea mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the chickpeas are dark brown in spots, crisp, and have shrunk quite a bit, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Nutrition FactsPer Serving: 215 calories; 8.5 Full nutrition29.7 6.2 0 653